Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Saturday, May 07, 2005
I am about to begin a fairly long day of teaching. I am as stressed as I have been in a long time. This is not fun. I am considering giving my notice on this job and leaving at the beginning of July.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005
As a follow-up to the last entry, I actually called in sick the following day after a few too many that night. It is the first time I had missed work in over a year, and the first time in several years that I called in sick due to a hangover. In fact, I was not really so hung over, but the pressure of my situation had gotten to me. Ten days later I am feeling considerably better. My weekday schedule is down to about ten hours of teaching and one of my more recalcitrant group of learners is finishing in two days – yea! Unofficial word has it that I should be re-employed no problem at Nova - something that had me a bit worried.
It certainly is hot here and that may be affecting my health, that or the food. I had a slight case of the runs yesterday with a feverish feeling that never quite came to anything. I get this from time to time. Whether it’s the heat or not, the temperature has me feeling quite lethargic. Being in another transition situation has me feeling unproductive. On the one hand, I feel I should be studying Thai, but soon enough I won’t be here. On the other hand, I feel I should be putting myself into some writing, but the absence of a routine and the fact that I am leaving soon have me distracted.

No comments: