Thursday, August 25, 2005


I suppose I will drivel on a bit about my preparations to go back to Japan. Monday the 29th is my last day with Be Smart and had I been I probably never would have taken the job in the first place. There is always a sense of lifted burden when quitting a job, even a good one, but I can tell you that with these guys it will be like the lifting of a curse.

In other news, we have a rental house out in the village. The rent is ridiculously low. Next time you spend thirty dollars consider that we have a two-storey house for that much a month. The downside is that I don't want to be present for this move from Khon Kaen to Nong Sao. My wife assures me that I won't have to lift a finger, but the plan had been that she would move after I had left. "Don't worry, you can just watch." I feel like a mafia Godfather ordering a hit; I don't want to be anywhere near the scene of the crime. Moving, even just watching it done, is something I have done far too much of recently and it gives me great stress. In any case, September 7th is D-day for all Thailand headaches to cease and Japan ones to begin

No comments: