Tuesday, March 01, 2005

I am supposed to be “planning” several classes now, so I have decided to write an entry instead. I was taken out for lunch twice over the weekend by students. One of the students had a birthday and the other group had their last class. I had yet another chat with the administratess of the school. As in the dark as ever about my visa situation, she relented on one point by saying that if I have to do “border runs” every month she would split the cost. Jeez, Thanks. This week I am down to four hours of teaching and Saturday/Sunday off. I was under the impression that March was going to be the big month for classes and my schedule would be busy, but evidently that’s not the first week of March because the school kids are still testing. Maybe I have glossed over something – in Thailand school vacation runs March and April. Anyway, I have a quiet week in which to prepare for my thirtieth birthday. I will spend the time hiking up my pants and trying to discolor-coordinate my clothes. I believe Pocky will be working eight hour days this month, so I should have a chance to be productive with something… I am not quite sure what. A friend of mine got laid off last week – I am feeling a bit unemployed myself. It’s true about the heat, hard to work hard when it’s hot. I’m not really feeling this entry; it’s lazy and disorganized, a bit like me right now. One parting shot – I keep forgetting that it is winter in much of the world that I called home. I saw a news report on some big storm in the Northeast of the States. It looked cold. I am writing this in my boxers with the fan on me (conjures up an image, no?). For all of you working hard, making lots of money and freezing in developed countries....Suckers!

No comments: